Holley LS Fest Texas Grand Champion
Who will be the Grand Champion of Holley LS Fest Texas? The driver that can do the best all-around job in multiple events! Bring a car that can go fast, stop fast, and hang on in the corners! See the Grand Champion Rules, then show up and drive!
REGISTRATION FOR AUTOCROSS & GRAND CHAMPION LIMITED TO THE FIRST 150 VEHICLES!
* Only one driver per entered vehicle will be allowed to compete in any segment of the event. Multiple driver entries or sharing a vehicle is not allowed.
Grand Champion Class Breakdown
|Late Model Class: All 1990 and newer model year cars||Vintage Class: 1989 or older model year cars (including El Camino).||Truck Class: All trucks regardless of the year of manufacture.|
|$1,000 Cash, Plaque, Jacket||$1,000 Cash, Plaque, Jacket||$1,000 Cash, Plaque, Jacket|
*Note: Participants who win multiple events are only eligible to win one jacket.
EDIT: For those curious, El Caminos are classified as cars for this competition. They are not eligible for competition in the truck/SUV class.
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.
Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational:
One vehicle from LS Fest will receive an automatic invitation to compete in the prestigious Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational!
Holley LS Fest West Grand Champion Competition Rules:
Update: Since LS Fest East 2021, the Kumho V720 ACR tire has been excluded for use in competition. It will no longer be allowed in future Holley events. Any vehicles participating at the event with these tires installed will be automatically transitioned to an exhibition class and the times will not count towards points in Autocross or Grand Champion.
- All Grand Champion participants must compete in all segments of the event to qualify for The Holley LSFest West Grand Champion Award: Drag Race, Autocross, 3S Challenge.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as a driver. No passengers allowed on the drag strip, or 3S Challenge.
- A mandatory driver/passenger meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- Only official wristbanded drivers may drive the vehicle.
- All competitors must have a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number, which must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows, or rear window. White shoe polish is acceptable.
- Participants must use DOT-approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 tread wear rating or higher. No modifications to tires will be acceptable, including shaving. Any vehicle with tires showing any evidence of modification will be immediately disqualified from the event.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required during all non-highway segments of the competition. The helmet must be approved automotive style with a Snell foundation sticker of SA 2015 or later. Motorcycle helmets will not be approved.
- All convertibles or roadsters must have rollover protection for the drag race portion of the challenge.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
a. Functional seatbelts.
b. Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
c. Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
d. All lug nuts are in place and tight.
e. Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
f. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
(Floor mats, things hanging from the rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. The competitor with the most combined points is the winner. The fastest autocross time will break all ties.
- The race director and event management staff will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason. All decisions are final.