Holley LS Fest Texas 3S Challenge
3S Challenge stands for Speed, Stop, & Steering. It combines elements of autocross and speed-stop into a single event that will test the ultimate limits of car and driver. Car balance, power, suspension setup, and brakes along with driver skill and focus will be the keys to fast times. The Baer Brakes 3S Challenge will be fun for both participants and spectators alike. It will be open to all participants who are registered for autocross.
~ GRAND CHAMPION & AUTOCROSS REGISTRATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO 135 VEHICLES TOTAL ~
The format will be a side-by-side low-speed down and back course layout that will feature a 180-degree turnaround, slalom, and a stop box. The course layout will be dependent on the available space. Each “run” will be a total of left side course time added to right side course time. In order to earn a timed run, each segment of the run must be clean.
2024 LS Fest Texas 3S Challenge Rules
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as a driver.
- A mandatory driver/passenger meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- No passengers will be allowed to ride along on the drag strip, 3S Challenge, or road course challenge event segments.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows, or rear window. White shoe polish is acceptable.
- Participants must use DOT-approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200tw rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmets are required and must be SA2015 or newer for both drivers and passengers. The autocross course design will attempt to keep speeds below 45mph. Drivers and passengers must provide their own helmets. NO MOTORCYCLE HELMETS.
- A DNF penalty will be assessed for contact with any course marking or stop box cones or exceeding the stop box during the 3S Challenge. All runs must be clean.
- The race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The 3S Challenge/Autocross may be run rain or shine at the event organizer’s discretion. Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel
- Sufficient throttle return spring
- Secured battery
- All lug nuts in place and tight
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed
- All loose items should be removed from the vehicle(floormats, things hanging from the rearview mirror, and glove box, console, trunk items, etc.)
The 3S Challenge segment will count toward the Holley LS Fest Texas Grand Champion award for competitors who also compete in Drag Race and Autocross segments
*The Kumho V720 ACR tire is not allowed. Any vehicles equipped with the Kumho V720 ACR tire will be automatically transitioned to an exhibition class and the times will not count in Autocross or Grand Champion
**Event organizers reserve the right to change class rules and/or description up to event time to promote fair and safe competition
3S Challenge Awards
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|$250 CASH, OPTIMA BATTERY, LS FEST WINNER'S JACKET||$150 Holley Certificate||$75 Holley Certificate|
Participants who win multiple segments are only eligible to win one jacket