Welcome to the Baer Brakes 3S Challenge! "3S" stands for Speed, Stop & Steering and combines elements of autocross and speed-stop into a single event that test the ultimate limits of car and driver. Car balance, power, suspension set-up, brakes, along with driver skill and focus will be the keys to fast times. The 3S Challenge will be fun for both participants and spectators alike. The 3S Challenge is part of the Grand Champion competition and will be held in place of the autocross on Saturday. It will be open to all participants signed up for autocross.
REGISTRATION FOR AUTOCROSS, 3S CHALLENGE, & GRAND CHAMPION IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 135 VEHICLES!
3S Challenge Rules:
Since LS Fest East 2021, the Kumho V720 ACR tire has been excluded for use in competition. It will no longer be allowed in future Holley events. Any vehicles participating at the event with these tires installed will be automatically transitioned to an exhibition class and the times will not count towards points in Autocross or Grand Champion.
The format will be a side-by-side low speed down and back course layout that will feature a 180-degree turnaround, slalom, and a stop box. Course layout will be dependent on the available space. Each “run” will be a total of left side course time added to right side course time. In order to earn a timed run, each segment of the run must be clean.
**See tire and helmet description in rules.
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as driver.
- A mandatory driver/passenger meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- No passengers will be allowed to ride along on the drag strip or track x event segments.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Participants must use DOT approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200-tread wear rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required (SA2015) for both drivers and passengers. The autocross course design will attempt to keep speeds below 45 M.P.H. Drivers and passengers must provide their own helmets and motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- A DNF penalty will be assessed for contact with any course marking or stop box cones or exceeding the stop box during the 3S Challenge. All runs must be clean.
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The 3S Challenge may be run rain or shine at event organizer’s discretion.
The 3S Challenge event will count toward the Holley LS Fest Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, and 3S Challenge.
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.
- $250 cash, OPTIMA Battery, jacket
- $150 Holley Product Certificate
- $75 Holley Product Certificate