The Baer Brakes 3S Challenge will be part of LS Fest West once again! Holley introduced the 3S Challenge in 2013 at the Bowling Green LS Fest and it stands for Speed, Stop & Steering. It combines elements of autocross and speed-stop into a single event that will test the ultimate limits of car and driver. Car balance, power, suspension set-up, brakes, along with driver skill and focus will be the keys to fast times. The 3S Challenge will be fun for both participants and spectators alike. The 3S Challenge is part of the Grand Champion competition and will be held in place of the autocross on Sunday. It will be open to all participants signed up for autocross.
REGISTRATION LIMITED TO FIRST 150 VEHICLES
2018 LS Fest West 3S Challenge Rules:
The 3S Challenge is a competition featuring speed, stop and steering (3S). The format will be a side-by-side low speed down and back course layout that will feature a 180-degree turnaround, slalom, and a stop box. Course layout will be dependent on the available space. Each “run” will be a total of left side course time added to right side course time. In order to earn a timed run, each segment of the run must be clean.
**See tire and helmet description in rules
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as driver.
- A mandatory driver/passenger meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- No passengers will be allowed to ride along on the drag strip, 3S Challenge or road course challenge event segments.
- All prize-eligible vehicles must represent a street capable vehicle with a strong resemblance to a current or former production model. No purpose built race cars or kit cars will qualify for awards in the autocross event. The only open-wheeled vehicles allowed are ’34-and-older domestic vehicles and replicas thereof. Other vehicles such as production “concept” cars may be allowed.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows or rear window. White shoe polish is acceptable.
- Participants must use DOT approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 tread wear rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required (SA2005) for both drivers and passengers. The autocross course design will attempt to keep speeds below 45 M.P.H. Drivers and passengers must provide their own helmets and motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- A DNF penalty will be assessed for contact with any course marking or stop box cones or exceeding the stop box during the 3S Challenge. All runs must be clean.
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The 3S Challenge may be run rain or shine at event organizer’s discretion.
The 3S Challenge event will count toward the Holley LS Fest West Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, 3S Challenge, Show-n-Shine and Road Course.
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.
|1st:||$250 cash, LS Fest embroidered Jacket, free Optima battery of their choice|
|2nd:||Optima Batteries Charger|
|3rd:||Optima Batteries maintenance charger|