LS Fest West will utilize a portion of the LVMS Road Course to conduct the Track X portion of our Grand Champion event. Track X combines the best elements of autocross and road course lapping into a single event. Utilizing a series of gates and chicanes on a road course track, the Track X creates a fun high-speed event highlighting driver skill and car balance without pushing the track to its limits. Track X is open to autocross and all-access participants. The course layout will be faster and less technical than a standard autocross and is open to any make and model of vehicle as long as it is powered by a GM LS (or current generation LT) engine. Speeds of up to 100 mph are possible on the course we are creating, so this will definitely offer a rush for our Grand Champion and Autocross participants!
NOTE: The Track X will substitute as the second autocross for Grand Champion competition at LS Fest West and will not be treated as a separate event in terms of scoring. As with traditional GC scoring, both autocross times, an autocross time and a Track X time, in this case, will be combined to populate a score for that specific segment.
1st: $250 cash, free Optima battery of their choice
2nd: Optima Batteries Charger
3rd: Optima Batteries maintenance charger
2021 LSFest West Track X Rules:
**See tire and helmet description in rules
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age.
- A mandatory driver meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows, or rear window.
- Participants must use DOT-approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200-tread wear rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required (SA2015) for both drivers. Drivers must provide their own helmets and motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from the vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from the rearview mirror, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- A :02-second penalty per cone knocked down or moved out of its box will be assessed during the Track X.
- A DNF penalty for off-track incidents may be assessed during the Track X
- A DNF penalty for exceeding the finish line stop box may be assessed during the Track X
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The Track X may be run rain or shine at the event organizer’s discretion.
The Track X event will count toward the Holley LS Fest West Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, 3S Challenge, & Track X.
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition