LS Fest West will utilize the 1.75 mile portion of LVMS Outfield Road Course to conduct our Track X. The course layout will consist of “gates” that drivers must successfully navigate in an effort to complete the entire course as quickly as possible. The course layout will be faster and less technical than a standard autocross. Track X is open to any make and model of vehicle as long as it is powered by a GM LS (or current generation LT) engine.
|1st:||$250 cash, LS Fest embroidered Jacket, free Optima battery of their choice|
|2nd:||Optima Batteries Charger|
|3rd:||Optima Batteries maintenance charger|
2020 LSFest West TrackX Rules:
**See tire and helmet description in rules
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as driver.
- A mandatory driver/passenger meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- Only official wrist banded drivers and waivered passengers may ride in the cars on the course. No more than one passenger will be allowed, and that passenger must ride in the front passenger seat.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows or rear window.
- Participants must use DOT approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200-tread wear rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required (SA2010) for both drivers and passengers. The TrackX course design will attempt to keep speeds below 70 M.P.H. Drivers and passengers must provide their own helmets and motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- A :02-second penalty per cone knocked down or moved out of its box will be assessed during the TrackX.
- A DNF penalty for off-track incidents may be assessed during the TrackX
- A DNF penalty for exceeding the finish line stop box may be assessed during the TrackX
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The TrackX may be run rain or shine at event organizer’s discretion.
The TrackX event will count toward the Holley LS Fest West Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, 3S Challenge, Show-n-Shine and TrackX. Save
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.