LS Fest West will utilize the 1.75 portion of Las Vegas Motor Speedway to conduct our Road Course Challenge. It’s a great track for beginners as well as seasoned drivers to hone their skills and is part of the Grand Champion scoring. It is sanctioned by the USCA (Ultimate Street Car Association) whose primary purpose is safety, learning and fun. The Road Course Challenge is open to any make and model of vehicle as long as it is powered by a GM LS (or current generation LT) engine.
|1st:||$250 cash, LS Fest embroidered Jacket, free Optima battery of their choice|
|2nd:||Optima Batteries Charger|
|3rd:||Optima Batteries maintenance charger|
Road Course Challenge Breakdown:
- The Road Course Challenge is scheduled to run on Sunday at LS Fest West.
- The Road Course Challenge will be run on Sunday simultaneously with the 3S challenge and it will be open for Grand Champion competitors only.
- Grand Champion competitors will receive a run group time to report to the road course, where they will receive a transponder, then enter the course for a 5 lap session. Each group will run one warm up lap, 3 timed laps and a cool down lap.
- Groups and run times will be determined by race officials after registration in order to group like cars and drivers with similar track experience.
- If Grand Champion competitors miss their run group time, they will not be rescheduled and will receive 0 points for the road course portion of Grand Champion scoring.
LSFest West 2019 Road Course Rules
Road Course is a high speed on-track event testing driver skill and car handling characteristics. Vehicles will run in groups of 12-15 cars on track simultaneously. LSFest West Grand Champion Points will be awarded for overall fastest lap times. Race director will have complete discretion to determine run groups and number of run sessions.
**See tire and helmet description in rules
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver.
- No passengers will be allowed during any portion of the Road Course time trial.
- A mandatory driver meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- Only official wrist banded participants may drive the cars on the track/course.
- All prize-eligible vehicles must represent a street capable vehicle with a strong resemblance to a current or former production model. No purpose built racecars or kit cars will qualify for awards in the Road Course event. The only open-wheeled vehicles allowed are ’34-and-older domestic vehicles and replicas thereof. Other vehicles such as production “concept” cars may be allowed.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows or rear window. White shoe polish is acceptable.
- Participants must use DOT approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 tread wear rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required (SA2010 or newer) for all drivers. The road course design will permit speed in excess of 100 MPH. Drivers must provide their own helmets and motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- SAFETY GEAR: Helmets, long sleeves, long pants, close toed shoes, and fire resistant gloves are required for all drivers. The use of fire suits is highly recommended.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each lap of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. A maximum of five laps will be guaranteed for all drivers, barring any unsafe driving practices. The winner of this individual segment will be the vehicle with the lowest elapsed time (this refers to the winning of the aforementioned product certificate).
- Participants that go four wheels off or fail to navigate the course properly may be asked to leave the competition.
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- Road course will not be run during inclement weather and will be determined at event organizer’s discretion.
The road course time trial event will count toward the Holley LS Fest West Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, 3S Challenge, and Road Course.
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.