The Track X portion of LS Fest Texas will take place on the inside road course at Texas Motor Speedway. Track X combines the best elements of autocross and road course lapping into a single event. Utilizing a series of gates and chicanes on a road course track, Track X creates a fun high-speed event highlighting driver skill and car balance without pushing the track to its limits. Track X is open to autocross and all-access participants.
Participants can expect multiple runs with speeds nearing 90 miles per hour! This is a great event to hone your driving skills or just become familiar with road course driving.
2022 LS Fest Texas Track X Rules:
**See tire and helmet description in rules
- The registered owner must drive the vehicle for all events.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age.
- A mandatory driver meeting will be held prior to the first competition.
- All competitors must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows, or rear window.
- Participants must use DOT-approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200-tread wear rating or higher.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required (SA2015 or newer). Drivers must provide their own helmets and motorcycle helmets will not be allowed.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from the vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from the rearview mirror, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- A :02-second penalty per cone knocked down or moved out of its box will be assessed during the Track X.
- A DNF penalty for off-track incidents may be assessed during the Track X
- A DNF penalty for exceeding the finish line stop box may be assessed during the Track X
- Race director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason.
- The Track X may be run rain or shine at the event organizer’s discretion.
The Track X event will count toward the Holley LS Fest Grand Champion award for competitors who compete in Drag Race, Autocross, 3S Challenge, & Track X.